Sunday, October 7, 2012

Perks of Being a Wallflower

Now, I haven't ever rambled on too much about the books I read. Mostly because I felt like it didn't really match any kinda "theme" I had going with our lil blog. But lately I've just been blogging about whatever I feel like. So today I'm ranting on about Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. 


Now this book has been recommended to me by a lot of my pen pals, mostly cause its written in a letter kinda format. And we all know how fond I am of letters. But then I saw they were making a movie off of it and decided that I must read the book before seeing the movie. I am so glad that I did! Cause this book is one of the better ones I've read in a long time. It touches basically every issue that you might encounter as a teen. Yes, I know I'm not a teen but that doesn't mean that you can't relate to it. Its written with intense detail and emotion that makes it a intense book to read. I found myself crying a lot while reading it. Not because it was sad (well, some parts are) but because the emotion in it was just overwhelming. After finishing I couldn't wait and had to go see the movie. During the movie I was annoyed about how many details they left out, but then realized that it would be a freakishly long movie if they hadn't edited it at all. But man, the movie had me a little weepy. By a little I mean I was a mess. But not because it was sad, I think it was because everyone can relate to that kind of emotion. Or maybe I'm just a weepy kinda girl, who knows. But what I do know is that this is now one of my favorite books and an awesome movie.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

 Read the book, watch the movie and absorb some deep thinking that it has to offer. 
-Mint~Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment