Monday, October 15, 2012

Music Monday: Thao Nguyen

     Hello you. It's the beginning of the week. That means its time for some tunes to kick start this week! Today I give you Thao & The Get Down Stay Down. Now, I've been a big fan of hers for a long time. Shes got those albums that you listen too over and over.Then forget about  until a couple months later and you remember why you listened to it over and over. Well this weekend I'm falling in love all over again with her album We Brave Bee Stings and All. Shes just got a unique style. But not so unique that it's hard to appreciate. If that makes any sense. Most of her songs are a bit upbeat, but with somber lyrics. Which is kinda why I love her. Heavy messages being said with a bright tune. It's the contradicting-ness of it all that makes her songs so lovely. She's also collaborated with one of my favorite artists Mirah. They released an album in 2011 that is pretty killer. Although for me it doesn't have the get down stay down feel to it. It's different  but a good different. It was produced by Merrill Garbus of Tune-Yards. Which I mean come on, that's just awesome! If you like Mirah and you dig this playlist then I highly suggest you by the collaboration album! Now thinking about it the Tune-Yards and Mirah should really get there own Monday. Well, in due time. There will always be another Monday. 

Hope you have a successful week!
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment