Monday, October 22, 2012

Music Monday: Blind Pilot

       Howdy! This week I'm starting it off right with some tunes from Blind Pilot! Now I must admit this is another great band that I've shrugged off until recently. A little while ago I stumbled upon a whole live set that they had done and after listening to that I was sold. There first album was released in 2009 and they've had another one since in 2011. Both are equally fantastic and I'll probably end up buying at some point. Just to have ( yes, I'm one of those that still likes to buy the hard copy of cds.) I just love the feel these guys have. At first I was a little put off by the pop-ness of it. But upon a second listen I realized that just because it's happy and fun doesn't necessarily make it pop. They've got some nice, poetic lyrics and some percussion that just makes it so complete. The rhythm in there songs is what makes it so listenable and is what makes you want to listen to it again. (at least for me.) This kinda sound just feels like Autumn to me for some reason. But the happy kinda autumn. Like lets go a play in the leafs and maybe dance a bit and drink hot coco afterwards. Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme, but still. Good feeling tunes.

"I didn't know I'm not in control
I didn't know I'm not invincible".

-Remi

No comments:

Post a Comment