Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Costumes

  It's that time of year again! Halloween! Now, Halloween hasn't ever been my favorite holiday. In fact, it's probably my least favorite. I'm a big chicken and don't like being scared and always got way to stressed out trying to find a cute and clever costume. But now that I'm a older I'm finding it to not be so terrible. I know, that sounds way backwards. Since it is a childish holiday and all. I mean candy and costumes doesn't really scream grown-up. These past couple years I've grown fond of Halloween.


Anyways, this year Zoei and I are going to be owls! I first saw THIS lovely pattern off of Pintrest and thought, we could just do it adult size. I then after a little bit of research I found THIS awesome tutorial. Then I found an awesome owl mask! After that it was decided that we'd be owls for Halloween. I've already started cutting out all the pieces for our wings and dusting off the sewing machines. The one issue that I am having with this tutorial is that it didn't really say how much fabric to buy. But that isn't a real issue. It just means another trip to the fabric store. Which is always a bit fun.


Here are the colors I picked for my wings. I still have a bunch of these wing shape pieces to cut out before I can even start sewing. I'm anticipating the sewing to be fairly quick. well, I hope so at least. I like to think my sewing skills are good, but it has been a while. Anyways, once I get a bit more of it done I'll post more pictures as I go. (Although honestly if I mess up on it a little bit, I might not share that with you.)  I'm thinking even after Halloween I'm gonna want to wear mine around. They are just so much fun! And so pretty!

What are you gonna be for Halloween? You're never too old to dress up!
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment