Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Costume Update

Wow, time is going by way to fast these days. Didn't it seem like it was just summer the other day and now its almost Halloween?! My costume is coming along quite well. Although I really should get a move on it, since time is running out quickly. I've already got one wing pretty much finished and all the little pieces cut out. Really its the cutting that takes a long time. Now just pinning and sewing. 


I was surprised how heavy they turned out to be. Which is a good thing, cause its getting quite cold lately  The extra layers will be nice. Once I'm finished with the wings I've to get started on my mask. I think I've got a pretty good plan on how I want the mask to look. So hopefully that means I can finish it quickly. 


So many layers! But I'm loving how the colors are turning out. Although I'm supposed to be an owl, but I've a feeling everyone is going to say I look like a blue bird. So, maybe I'll jut start calling myself a blue bird. Hm, well I'll wait and see how the mask turns out. Over all I'm pretty excited how its turning out so far! Although I did recently find THIS old post on A Beautiful Mess Blog. Which looks kinda really awesome. Who knew bird costumes could be so pretty! 

Aren't homemade costumes the best?!

-Remi

No comments:

Post a Comment