Monday, January 30, 2012

Music Monday: Phil Ochs

Bonjour! It is Music Monday again! So lets get a bloggin about some neato music! Today I am blogging about Phil Ochs.

Now before you say anything, I realize its a little weird to blog about someone like Phil Ochs, its like that person that asks you, "Have you heard of Bob Dylan" Uhhh yeah, thanks I have actually. What do you say to those people?!? So I realize most people have heard of Phil Ochs, so if you have I hope you enjoy the playlist I have put together, and if you haven't you are in for a real treat!

I had heard the name before, but never really got into his music really, until I recently saw a biography on him. I fell in love with his music and his life story. He had one heck of a life, and it definitely comes through in his music. Again, if you have never heard of him, check out his stuff, and read up on him a little. He did a couple things with Bob Dylan, and was really active in the 60's and early 70's. Google him if you have a minute, there are a couple biographies out there of him, I highly recommend learning more about him. In the meantime, check out the play list below, and let me know what you think. Whether you like it or hate it- let me know. Keep in mind he was a "protest singer" so most of his songs are meant to have a deep specific meaning, and you definitely get that while listening to his stuff. Hope you enjoy!

Have a great week!
-Gold Canary


No comments:

Post a Comment