Monday, August 6, 2012

Music Monday: Twilight Concert Series Playlist

Hello! This Monday I made you a playlist! Now, if you live in Utah and love music you've probably heard of the Twilight Concert Series. These concerts use to be free, but this year they have started charging 5$ a ticket. They've been having these concerts for as long as I can remember. Mom and Dad use to take us to them back when they were free. I'm not sure how they do it but they get some awesome bands to play. This year we've seen Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket and Joshua James play. I mean paying only 5$ to see these big bands is not bad at all. Although the venue is lacking greatly in some aspects, especially sound quality. Which isn't a good thing when you're going there to listen to some music. But they do have good food vendors, art booths and it is outdoors AND it's only 5$. I guess you get what you pay for. In a couple weeks we're going to see Iron and Wine and possibly M.Ward. We did have hopes to see Passion Pitt but sadly they canceled their tour for the rest of the summer. Any ways long story short. Utah is actually a cool place to see some awesome bands for cheap. You can always find some music somewhere. 

This playlist are my favorite songs from Band of Horses, My Morning Jacket and Iron and Wine. All three of these bands have released awesome albums. Sadly I couldn't fit all of the awesomeness on to one playlist, so I've left off a lot of greatness that can be found in these bands discography. If you don't know these bands, look them up! 

Happy Monday!
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment