Monday, August 13, 2012

Music Monday: Gregory Alan Isakov

Happy Monday! For this music Monday I give a new find of mine Gregory Alan Isakov. Now, I try to always been finding and discovering music. Most of the time I write about band and artist on Monday that I've been keen too for a while. But with this one I seriously discovered him this morning. Thanks to my lovely mom and her obsession with Pandora radio. So, I haven't had time to really listen and dissect all of his discography or learn much about him. After looking up a few of his songs I was sold. He's got these melancholy, sickly sweet tunes. At first listen I was afraid that all his stuff was too slow and similar. Then I came across song like Tin Can Roses and 5 O'clock Shadow that are like upbeat nifty lil' tunes. But the real gems that this guy offers are his slowly building, lyrically heartfelt songs. Which he has not shortage of, from what I've heard so far. I love lyrics that can have multiple meanings and let the listener kinda decide what they want it to mean to them. (Yes, I know you can to this with all music. But his songs make it simpler for some reason.) Anyways, I was taken today by this guy and wanted to share the new found sweetness of Gregory Alan Isakov. Hope you enjoy these soft, easy going tunes on this fine August Monday. 

"So I'll send you my words. From the corners of my room.
And though I write them by the light of day.
Please read them by the light of the moon." 

Let's be conquers of the world! Well, at least for today.
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment