Saturday, August 11, 2012

Photo Challenge..er.. Project Thingy

I've always thought that disposable camera projects were really cool. There are tons of them out there that you can participate in. I first read about it on a kick-starter page for a project that  is consisted of cameras left in public places in New York for strangers to take pictures. Which seems like a neat idea. Then I was reading about The Disposable Memory Project. Which was kinda the same idea but more world wide.  Anyways I wanted to start one of these kinda projects. But my problem was I wasn't sure how much money and time I wanted to invest in a project like this. I feel like way too much of the success rate relies on the stranger taking the photos and returning  the camera. So, I came up with my own version of the project and am just sending these cameras out to my snail mail pen pals around the world. I've compiled a little list that's more of a guide line for them to follow and sent out a few cameras.

yeah, I know I accidentally typed 12 twice. Typewriters don't have a back space. 

Now, I've only sent out 3 of these and have yet to receive one back. So the success is kinda up in the air. But I'm hoping that if it works out well I can send these to all my pen pals. It will just be fun to kinda see what they see everyday. Yeah, that sounds creepy, but you know what I mean. Taking the "stranger" part out of the project. I have a feeling that there are still some little details to work out. Hopefully with these test ones I'll get all the kinks worked out. 

Oh how I do love analog photography! Wish me luck! 
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment