Friday, August 10, 2012

Elevated Envelope Project

We all know I love snail mail, pen pals and papery goodness. So when I found out about the Elevated Envelope Project I just had to participate! Basically you decorate a bunch of envelopes and send them to a list of people you're given and those people also send you a decorated envelope. The first time around I didn't give myself enough time to fulfill my decorating desires. So this time I'm getting a jump on it, although I have already fallen behind. Needless to say, punctuality isn't my strong suit. I've already received a couple of envelopes and man they are awesome. It always makes my mail box happy to digest a beautifully decorated envelope. This project is perfect if you want to send and receive mail but don't want the long commitment that snail mail entails. Its a really fun project to be a part of. Hats off to Tara Bliven! Shes got an awesome blog and store.


Here are the few that I've finished. 3 down 7 to go! I'm really into these kinda flowery patterns as of late. I'm thinking I should make a tee shirt or note cards with the same kind of patterns. 

One of my favorite envelopes that I've ever received. I really want this ladies stamp and stationary sets. She drew those awesome flowers on the envelope! The overall design is just awesome. 


One that I received the other day. My photograph doesn't do this envelope justice. I just love the calligraphy on the front. I need to work on making fancier fonts. 

It's a known fact that people love handwritten letters. Go send some pretty mail and make someones day! 

-Mint~Tea





1 comment:

  1. Yay - I just found this online and I'm pleased to see my envelope reached you safely!

    I've had so much fun with this project and everyone's creations dropping through my letterbox has been a real joy! Your envelope arrived with me yesterday and it's beautiful, love the type and the printed card - thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete