Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Flower Lino Cut

I'm always rambling one about how much I love print making. But seriously, I do love it oh so much. This is one of my favorite lino cuts that I've done. Flowers are always my go-to thing to draw, i'm not sure why but it's always just been something I'm good at drawing. Anyways I just wanted to share some of these prints that I've made. These are handy for writing little notes on the back and sending to my snail mail buddies. Or these are good for using them as thank-you/congratulations/(insert occasion here) cards. 


The nifty thing about making a lino cut is you can print it as many times are you want. The block doesn't go bad. Well, unless you do some wacky stuff to it or don't care for it properly. BUT in general, should last a life time. I was running out of black ink so the black ones didn't turn out too well and I was rolling the ink a bit funky so my brayer kept sticking. So I'm definitely going to have to do this print again in the black ink. 


Lino cuts are fun and pretty simple to do. The supplies don't cost too much and it's a great art medium! the possibilities are endless when it comes to printmaking. You can use these in so many different projects in so many different ways.  So go hack at some blocks and make some prints! 
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment