Sunday, September 30, 2012

Nifty Findings: Tee's!

Fall is creeping upon us faster then I had anticipated! That means time to get out the layers and whip out some tees! Fall is perfect tee shirt weather. The summer is just too hot to wear cotton tees, although they can be handy at night, summer and tank tops are the way to go. In winter you can't have your arms all exposed and need to layer on a jacket with your tee. BUT in the fall a tee shirt is the perfect way to go! So today I'm sharing you some of me favorite places to get awesome tees! I wear a lot of tee shirts, I mean a L O T of tee shirts! That's one of the reasons why we started making and selling tees! Why buy someone else screen printed tees when we could make our own. Most of the tees that I do wear are ones that I've made. (Or messed up and can't sell.) But when I do buy tees, this is where I get them from. 


My first favorite is Threadless. I love these guys cause they make witty and artsy comfy tees! The way they get there designs is supa cool also. People can upload there designs and then they can get voted into production.(Find out more HERE.) So even if you don't design tees. You can still go and vote for the ones you like and would buy. And if you design tees this is a great way to get it into production. Everyone wins! They have some cool challenges you can participate in as well! Also if you have patience you can catch these suckers on sale! Some times they have 10$ tees! How awesome is that! They always have some sorta awesome deal going on! 


Second is Society 6. The thing I love about Society 6 is that they have a lot of my favorite artists. You can get stuff by Chis Piascik, Marc Johns and Nan Lawson. Just be careful when your on there site, because there is so much awesomeness on there you will get sucked in! Also if your indecisive like me trying to pick just a few to buy is almost impossible. Luckily I've Zoei to remind me that I can't spend all my money on tee shirts. The feel of these tees aren't your average screen print. They are more soft, kinda like iron on transfers or something. Which I kinda like as a change up from your normal heavy ink tee. Oh, they also now have tote bags! Need to get me one of those! 


And finally is Redbubble. They have a pretty good selection and are all independent designers. Basically anyone can upload there art work and start selling. They've built a pretty nifty lil' community. Which is way awesome! They also have some cool contests which I've been checking out lately  Just haven't committed to entering any of them yet. 

Phew! Enough ranting! Go buy some tees!! 
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment