Monday, September 24, 2012

Music Monday: Middle Brother

Howdy! This Monday I'm drooling over MIDDLE BROTHER! Now, I haven't started listening to these guys until these past couple weeks and man they are amazing. They've been around since 2010 and have only released one album so far. When I was first looking up there music and tracking through there album it all felt really familiar. But in a new refreshing way. I didn't realize why until I was looking up more about the band. Middle Brother is made up of John McCauley of Deer Tick, Taylor Goldsmith of the Dawes and Matt Velasquez of Delta Spirit. Such an amazing mash up! I adore all three of these bands so it's no surprise that I'm totally smitten over Middle Brother. Although, I always love when bands work together and create these awesome sub albums. Monsters of Folk is one that I really enjoy! But Middle Brother by far takes the cake in my book. They've got a fun, country-ish, folk, indie sound. Lately this kind of sound has been capturing my attention. I'm not sure if its because of the new Avett Brothers album or my obsession with The Lumineers and Trampled by Turtles. But its a style that I've becoming particularly keen too. Anyways enjoy this mini playlist! If you like what you hear make sure you snatch up there album! 

But I'm daydreaming about you,  I know that it's wrong
That I'm daydreaming about you. Yes, I've been daydreamin' for so long.

Cheers!
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment