Monday, September 3, 2012

Music Monday: Tennis

Aloha! Such a lovely Monday! Today I give you some tunes from the band Tennis! Now, I've come across these guys before and always kinda shrugged them off and didn't see anything to special in them. But then this weekend the song Marathon kept popping up on random playlists I was listening too. I realized that its an amazing song and I had to look up more of there stuff. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found and also disappointed in myself for not realizing the awesomeness earlier. Better late then never, right? Tennis is a lovely husband and wife duo, which is just cool. They've got this smooth, retro, indie sound that is very unique. At first they seem like upbeat snazzy tunes not to be taken to seriously. But then you listen to the lyrics and their songs gain some weight and heaviness to them that make them a good indie band and not a pop tune to be brushed off lightly. Plus how unique is that ladies voice. I could probably do with less ooh ooohs. They seem to be sprinkled in almost every song.Tennis has a specific sound that is easily identifiable, which I enjoy when bands can create a sound that sticks out and is unique to them. Anyways enough rambling, listen to the playlist (or at least the first song, its really neat.)  Hope you all have a successful Monday and if not there is always tomorrow! 

"In the woods somethings glowing, a burning light has started growing. It feels like change is upon us at last. Consuming us fast, change is upon us."

-Mint~Tea

2 comments: