Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Flapper Talk: Lemon Squeezer

I haven't done a flapper talk post in ages! Mostly because I was finding it more and more difficult to incorporate them in to my everyday lingo. A lot of them just didn't fit the context and I was confusing people. Which don't get me wrong, is awfully fun to do. So, today's word is lemon squeezer. Which is another way to say elevator. I'm not sure why or how this one came about. As far as I can tell elevators have nothing to do with lemons or squeezing. But it is awfully fun to say! When I first read it I thought it was going to more of an insulting word. Like, you lemon squeezer! Which I might use it in that context anyways. Just because it sound funny! Isn't it just a intriguing era! That would be fun for just one day to fully commit to dressing and acting like a flapper girl! Although I'd probably get some really odd looks.

LEMON SQUEEZER= an elevator
Example= She's stuck in the lemon squeezer. 
(Yeah, I know bad example. I can't think of the correct way to use this one though.)

-Mint~Tea

Bonus video! (Is it just me or does that girl start to just look crazy near the end?)

No comments:

Post a Comment