Monday, September 10, 2012

Gumby!


Do you remember watching Gumby?! The other night I was roaming around netflix looking for something to watch, when this totally popped up. After watching a couple episodes I realized that when I was little I didn't fully grasp the awesomeness. I've always been a claymation fan and it seemed like growing up we were always watching these type of stop motion or claymation cartoons. I personally am a Pokey fan, but  I think that's just because I like his voice. He also seemed to have more of a level head then Gumby.



I took a little bit of time today to look up and read more about it. Gumby has quite the interesting history. You can go HERE and see how much he changed over the years it was in production. Which I found to be really interesting. I couldn't believe how old it was! Starting out in the 50's! They seemed to have a lot of episodes available on netflix and I also know that you can buy them if you're looking for a trip down memory lane. Now watching Gumby when I'm older, it's really bizarre but done really well. Hats off to Art Clokey for making such a memorable cartoon. Artsy, witty, funny and cute?! What else could you ask for. Now you all know what I'm doing while I'm avoiding stuff to get done, watching episodes of Gumby.


If you've got a heart then Gumby's a part of you!!
-Mint~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment