Monday, July 23, 2012

Music Monday: Random Playlist

Hello there. It's Monday, yet again as expected. Lately I've been spending way too much time by myself listening to way too much music, letting all of my antisocial behaviors get increasingly worse. BUT the recent return of my Gold Canary and a new found friend has gotten me out of my destructive slump. So today I give you a very unique playlist that I think you'll like. 

Do you ever get talking with someone and its like your music tastes are so similar but so different? I love, love when this happens. There is something really powerful about sharing music interests with someone. I'm so awkward about making conversation with people, but get me talking about music and I can go off for hours. I love messages that are, "I thought you would like this song." messages. Discovering new music is best when its through a friend because then you can totally talk and rant to them about it. Especially when the song is one you know really well. Something I know all the words to and have listened to it a million times. I usually end up replying with an over reaction like "I love you, lets move to the forest. Grab your records."  I just get so incredibly excited when somebody can just pin point the kind of music I enjoy. Zoei does it all the time and says, this song sounds like you. Music rests in my heart and my soul and to have friends and family that can intertwine with that is just one of the most amazing things in the world. Music is best when shared with friends. 

 Phew, enough ranting. This playlist is complied of songs from friends that said "Hey Remi would like this song."  Most of these songs I haven't heard until they were suggested. And of course some are artists that were suggested  I know and  love and listen to all the time and was just amazed that they would choose that song for me and know me that well to pick a song that I already love. (If that makes any sense.) This playlist has a soft acoustic theme to it, I just felt like all these fit together well. Most of these artists I need to look more into and some of them deserve their own Monday. Luckily I've got many more Mondays ahead of me. 



1 comment:

  1. I love music and listen to music all the time, because listening to music is my favorite hobby. I liked your Monday playlist.
    Love Letters

    ReplyDelete