Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Etch-Pop

We all know that I can talk about print making for ages! So I'm going to keep this post short. A while ago while roaming around on Kickstarter I backed this project call ETCHPOP. Small company in need and printmaking involved, this had my name written all over it. They are actually a really cool company. They basically make the wood block for you off of an image you upload. It takes all the blisters out of carving your own block. (Don't get me wrong, there's something beautiful about the blisters.) But the fine detail you can get on these things is so amazing. Here's mine that I just got. The prints turn out pretty good. Although it was tricky at first.

I chose to do some little flowers and the saying, "Without reason." It was really easy to do, I just drew it in adobe illustrator and it was formatted and ready to be uploaded. I was reading about people who use these to do invites for parties post card style! Wouldn't that just be so cute! Now, it can get a little pricey. BUT when you think about it, the block will last forever. So the price kinda makes sense. 

Oh I just love print making. 
-Mint~Tea



No comments:

Post a Comment