Monday, July 2, 2012

Music Monday: Yellow Ostrich

Well, hello there. It's Monday! Does it seem like Mondays keep coming faster and faster. Like time is unraveling like a giant ball of unpredictable yarn? You feel it too? I thought so. But here is it my lovelies. Some wondrous tunes to start the week off right. This week I give you YELLOW OSTRICH

Well, I don't really know where to start. Yellow Ostrich started out as a guy just making some lofi recordings in a do it yourself kinda fashion, then formed a band! Then released a couple albums. But check out the beginnings of yellow ostrich HERE,(It's totally worth a gander). I personally dig there OLD stuff more then the NEW. For me personally the older stuff is like, Hey guys wouldn't that be cool if someone put this on an album. When the new stuff is like, Hey man we're like musicians now. Both are good, just different. But overall they have this lovely lofi indie sound with smart lyrics and aren't afraid to punch you in the face when you least expect it. Some of their tracks are slow and dreamy while others are up beat and dance your pants off but all very cohesive. And dare I say it a joy to listen too. 

"Mary says it's okay, she can see the future." 

-Mint~Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment