Thursday, July 5, 2012

Stamper thing and some cool fellow.

A while ago a was on kickstarter and found THIS really cool guy doing a bunch of letterpress projects and basically just needed some funding for his artistic endeavors. At first I didn't think too much about it and just donated a few bucks mostly cause his video was entertaining. After reading about it a little more I saw that he was using an fill it in your self address stamper thingy. But using it to make his own little sayings and blurbs. I love when people take objects and use them in a way that is creative and unexpected. SO, of course I had to copy him BUT I'm using mine to stamp on envelopes to my pen pals. Also to make little stickers to send to people. Most of the sayings aren't as clever as they could be, but its a working progress. 


Now it kinda takes a LONG time to get all the tiny letters lined up. I felt a bit like a crazy person hunched over my desk with these little tweezers. Just a reminder, like all stamps it needs to be backwards. You will only make this mistake once! 


  

Also read more about that fellow that calls himself  DUSIK+LAINE on his bloggy thing HERE and watch THIS video. ( It's really cool and afterwards you're totally gonna want to make your own letterpress. Watch it! please and thank you!) 

-Mint~Tea



1 comment:

  1. Love this idea!!! And yes you only make the backwards mistake once!!

    ReplyDelete