Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Flapper Talk: Bee's Knees





I was talking to a friend the other day about some new CD releases. I told him,"that new song is the bee's knees." He had no clue what I was talking about. Now, I know I use lots of odd words that people don't these days but I thought everyone knew that one. I wasn't sure how to explain it. We all know that it means something good, but I wanted to explain where it came from. So, after some searching on the interweb I came up empty handed. BUT, I did find out a lot more words that I haven't been using. I was also reading about a flapper magazine that was released in the 1920's. You can read about it HERE. My goal now is to learn as many flapper words as I can and use them through out the day. Today's word is bee's knees. 

BEE'S KNEES= Anything good. 
Example: That song is the bee's knees. 

-Mint~Tea

1 comment: