Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mystery Mail

We all know that I love to send (and receive) mail. Snail mail is one of the greatest things in the world. Well, in my opinion at least. A couple months ago I started just sending people little notes and not putting a return address on it. I was experimenting with a little bit of mystery mail. I was amazed at how fun it was to be spontaneous. Now, it was a little odd because when I send mail I always expect some sort of return. But I didn't with these. Then all of a sudden I felt like I could tell this select handful of people anything. I started sharing secrets, stories, random thoughts and anything else that popped into my head. I only did this a few times. Mostly because I love getting a return and would rather spend time on making something that I know 100% would be appreciated. But then one of my mystery buddies took the time to hunt me down and find out who was filling there mail box with randoms. I was so surprised and impressed. Then I figured if I sent mail to this buddy then it wouldn't go unappreciated. So, now i'm sending little random tidbits to him almost everyday. Most of it is just random thoughts that I have. But its really simple, fast and easy to do and  I know that it'll make someones day.

 Phew, my whole point to me rambling is that you should take 2 minutes out of your day and write a little note to a random person. Write down an thought, something funny that happened, a quote you love or just do a little doodle. You could give it to someone you know. It could be mailed to and old friend or just handed to a random person you might bump into. I think that if everyone would do this just once. This world (hopefully) would have just a little more love and smiles. Let's face it, everyone would love a little note even if its from a stranger. 

Just something to think about. 
-Mint~Tea

P.S.- Need some inspiration or somewhere to start? Read THIS blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment