Monday, June 25, 2012

Music Monday: Shakey Graves

Aloha amigos! This Monday we're talking SHAKEY GRAVES! Now, I normally know by Tuesday what the next music Monday will be. I was thinking I should do Yellow Ostrich or He's My Brother, She's My Sister/ Pearl and the Beard. But alas, one of my favorite music blogs made THIS mix and lead me to THAT song. So I had no choice but to do Shakey Graves this fine Monday. Also I've been listening to his album Roll the Bones all weekend. So I've got his voice pulsing through the brains, which always helps to write. And really just tell you all why I love'm so much. So here I go.



Oh the many reasons why I love Shakey Graves. You know that music you hear and you automatically start swaying, stomping your foot and start clapping your hands all with the worlds stupidest grin on your face.Well, his tunes are pretty much like that. He's got this raw, acoustic,drifty, alternative country sound that is just the bee's knees. Plus this soothing voice that isn't afraid to shout or growl during a song. Even if you don't track through the playlist. Please PLEASE watch the video. It is seriously one of the bestest things I've stumbled across in a long time.

"big Betty my old squeeze kisses so good you 'll go weak in the knees" 

Have a beautiful week lovelies. 
-Mint~Tea

1 comment:

  1. bean bags perth

    Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow...

    ReplyDelete