Monday, December 31, 2012

Music Monday: Best of 2012

I know by now you're probably sick of hearing all the "best of" playlists. But I wanted to share my two cents and also share some of my favorites of 2012. Now, don't worry I'll keep it short and won't ramble one too much. Man, there were so many good albums released this year. Probably too many that I can't even remember them all! But I think that it is a unanimous decisions the The Lumineers have taken the top spot in the bright-side girls hearts. That album has become a must have staple in our car. But don't forget about The Avett Brothers, Norah Jones (long time favorite of mine.), Bahamas, Joshua James, Matt and Kim, Alabama Shakes, Fiona Apple and Lisa Mitchell. Whoa, there are just too many. Not including all the amazing singles and eps that have been released! Needless to say it was an amazing year for music!

Zoei and I also got the chance to see a ton of great bands this year! Everything from Matt and Kim to the Avett Brothers we really got spoiled this fall! I think its fair to say that live music is the best. Old or new releases it all sounds amazing when you see it in a crowed place with strangers. We've already got tickets to see Augustana and Thao and the Get Down Stay Down early 2013, so I'm super stoked for the new year! So many awesome bands are making there way to good ol'utah!

Phew, so here is a mini playlist of my favorites of 2012. I couldn't find all the songs that I wanted to include. So click HERE to listen to an amazing Lisa Mitchell songs and click THERE to hear an awesome Joshua James song. I've also probably left TONS off of my lil list, but eh it is what it is!

Cheers to a great year in music!
-Remi



No comments:

Post a Comment