Monday, March 5, 2012

Music Monday: Desert Noises

Music Monday already?!? YAY!! I love me some Music Monday, so lets get to it! Lets talk about my favorite local band today: Desert Noises...
So before I begin, I must say that I have in fact blogged about Desert Noises before because they had a kickstarter project going, but I never actually blogged about them and did the whole playlist thing. So this is my redemption time and give them a real blog shout out (isn't redemption sweet?) So what about Desert Noises is so special they get 2 posts you ask? Well if you are asking such a silly question you obviously have not heard their music before. They currently have 2 albums out, and both are spectacular! What does make an album spectacular? Well its quite easy. It must meet the following requirements:

1. You must be able to listen to the album any day, anywhere, any time and it is exactly what you wanted to listen to. Even if you didn't know you wanted to listen to it.
2. You must be able to turn this album on with ANYONE in the room and instantly here "Who are we listening to" (usually followed by a "I like it", or "Sounds like (insert one of their fav bands here)")
3. You must be able to pop it on at any moment, to any song and automatically your head starts bobbing to the beat of the song, followed up with a huge smile that you just cant seem to get rid of.

That is what makes a CD spectacular! Do you agree? Well that's what I think makes it at least, and I think Desert Noises have 2 spectacular cds. I love both of them so much, and I hope you love them as much as I do. And for those local weekly music Monday readers, they just happen to be playing a show in Provo at Velour this Friday, so if you aren't doing anything, and you fall in love after hearing the playlist I have compiled, cancel your hot date on Friday, and meet me at Velour!

Happy week
-Gold Canary

No comments:

Post a Comment