Thursday, March 8, 2012

Let's be friends: James Jean


James Jean, you are so cool. If you don't know his work, you are seriously missing out. There are lots of illustrators that I admire but man, I think I could learn so much just from having coffee with the guy. His work is dreamy, complicated and oh so fantastic. So it's only reasonable to want to be friends with him. One day when my dreams come true I'll be able to buy all his books and visit one of his exhibitions. I'm sure he could give me some good advice and all that stuff, but he just seems like a fun guy to hang out with. After reading a few interviews i'm sure you'll like him just as much as I do. Go look up his work HERE or add him on FACEBOOK or read THIS interview on one of my favorite blogs. I'm sure you'll agree, we should be friends.

 
"I've been drawing since I can remember. Motivation came from the praise I received my first grade teacher as she paraded me across the hall to second grade to show off a drawing of an airplane I did in crayon. I thought I was so clever about the perspective of the wing on the other side of the plane.*sigh* I think my grasp of perspective is about the same now as it was it then, thanks to art school. Now, motivation comes from something much more primal--hunger. I was going to say girls, but being an illustrator, I find that I think about food now more than girls."
-Interview with James Jean, read the rest HERE.

-Mint~Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment