Friday, July 8, 2011

Cupcakes and Sunshine!

Nothing says summer like cupcakes and a healthy dose of sunshine! A very successful July 4th weekend! Although I’m not that patriotic, I did thoroughly enjoy myself this Independence Day. I mean you can’t go wrong with a friendly game of cupcake wars. I learned a lot of things from cupcake wars….

1) Your sisters will trash talk at every chance they get and Zoei is surprisingly good at trash talking. Something I defiantly need to work on.

2) It is possible to eat too many cupcakes.

3) A lot of people don’t like coconut. (Shocking I know)

4) People love cupcakes, no matter what the flavor. The last cupcake they ate is always going to be there favorite.

5) Combining 2 recipes flavors usually work out really good. Example: Zoei’s banana mocha chai cupcakes! Originally 2 recipes tossed together to create awesomeness!




Too many good cupcakes to have a winner. Although I do like to think that my own coconut cupcakes were the best, but that just my opinion. If you love coconut as much as me HERE is the recipe to make your own coco-nutty cupcakes! A secret that I stole from a coconut cake recipe I have is, when you pull them out of the oven while there still hot poke some holes in them and pour in a mixture of sweetened condensed milk and cream of coconut. It makes them kinda messy and gooey but super yummy!



For sure one of my favorites! A banana cupcake with a mocha and chai tea filling. Sooo yummy! You can’t go wrong with banana! I think Zoei defiantly gets extra points for creativity.

Key lime cupcakes made by Uhi! One of the yummiest cupcakes ever! This one defiantly wins cutest decoration. Disguised as corn but tastes like limes!

The strawberry cupcake that Hoku made was soooo yummy! It’s filled strawberries which is the best surprise ever when you chomp into a cupcake!



1 comment: