Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Music Monday: Augustana

Okay first I should start by saying, yes I know this was not posted until Tuesday, but let me explain. I felt that since it was Labor Day weekend, most people didnt go back to work till Tuesday, so I thought I would wait to post this and give all of you something to listen to on Tuesday! Fair enough? I hope this doesnt make you think anything less of me, and if so then this is Remi writing this blog today, not Zoei.

So now that we got that out of the way lets get to Music Monday!! (Yes I will still call it Music Monday, even though it was not posted until Tuesday- If you have a problem, bring this up with me, Remi. Not Zoei) Sooo who are we going to be chatting about this lovely day?? One of my favorite bands that I have loved for a very long time now: Augustana.

I know most people know who they are and I know most of you know all of the lyrics to"Boston" and usually that would make me not want to feature them on our blog, but then I pop in one of their cds and *BAM* all I want to do is dance my pants off and share their great music with everyone I come in contact with.

Now I know Boston is in fact a great song.. But believe it or not its not my favorite Augustana song. And another fact you might not know: their 2nd album in my opinion is better than their 1st. Thats just my opinion, I mean not that the 1st one sucks or anything, both albums are in my top favorites, but their 2nd is just a few albums closer to mynumber 1 favorite album (which I have not and probably will not ever disclose, mostly cause it is constantly changing, and I would hate to offend any of my other favs- cause in my head they care)I know their 1st album: All the Stars and Boulevards has great songs on it such as Boston, Hotel Roosevelt, and Mayfield.. BUT their 2nd album: Can't Love, Can't Hurt has songs such as: Hey Now, Fire, Either Way I'll Break Your Heart and so many more. Can't Love, Can't Hurt is just one of those albums that you can toss on and not have to go next on any song. Again All the Stars and Boulevards come close to that, but if we are being honest, there are a couple songs that I push the next button on. And then there is their 3rd album: Augustana, which I love as well, but (theres always a but) I do feel it is the weakest of the three. Its a great album and I absolutly love "Steal Your Heart" (its just so darn catchy) But over all its a little poppy for me.

So now that I have told you all what I think about Augustana's discography, I challenge you, well maybe not so much a challenge, but I have a job for you. Listen to all three of their albums, decide for yourself which one you think is radtastic, which one is just rad and which one is good, but not as good as the others. Then shoot me a comment either on here or on our facebook (here) and let me know what you have come up with.. I would love to know!!

Thanks so much for reading, I know I probably bored you, but following this I have posted a song from each album! Enjoy

-Zoei (Yes its me, not Remi, but all negative comments can still go to Remi :)



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

So above is a couple of my  favorite Augustana songs.. Also I could not find the song below to add to the above playlist, so be sure to listen to that one as well.. and don't forget to tell me what you think of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment