Sunday, April 10, 2011

Roger, my hero

This blog post is dedicated to (and about) the one and only Roger Jennings.. Now before you get your hopes up i'm not talking about some overly attractive, tall handsome man.. No Roger is definitely one of a kind. So who is this Roger Jennings I am talking about? Well you could call him a silk screening guru, or you could call him just an old man who doesn't quite know how to use a video camera, but call him what you may, I will let you decide after watching just one Roger Jennings video.. But Roger will always have a special part in my heart, so Roger this blog is for you.

I first came across Roger on one of my normal boring Saturdays, you know the ones where you really have nothing to do, so you facebook it up, and when you have over done it on the updating and liking you obviously have only one thing left to do. Youtube. Now i'm not usually one to youtube practical things like how to load the dishwasher properly or anything like that, I'm more of a "lets youtube baby pandas" kinda gal, but this Saturday was different, I was on a mission, a mission to finally get a nice 2 color print silk screened, so once I had watched enough baby pandas I typed in 4 words that would forever change my life: Silk Screening Multiple Colors. Now Roger didn't just appear, not first, not even second third or fourth.. If i'm correct he might have not even been the fifth video to pop up.. But that did matter to me, even though this was obviously not a popular video, I found him that is all that mattered.. I click on this video, and I knew I had found gold when the video started and there stood Roger, looking awkwardly at the video camera, I'm sure waiting for for the camera to show some sort of sign that he can start.. And finally he sees his sign after standing there, awkward, weird, and unaware of how technologically slow he is, and he starts. And he just goes off.. at first I don't think anyone knows what exactly he is talking about, but he keeps going any how. And he just keeps going, and pretty soon, he looks like he is even thinking "what am I talking about?" I know what you are thinking, "But Zoei what is it that makes this man so great?" and my answer to you . Everything. The way he forgets what he is talking about half way through a sentence, the way how he doesn't know how to correctly operate his video camera, and my favorite, when he is talking about how to do something with a screen, but the camera is at the perfect angle that you can't see a single thing he is talking about. Genius, give this man a medal.

Now I know it may seem that I am being a little harsh and I may be talking badly of Roger, but the truth is all of his faults is what makes him so great, you can't help but watch his videos, and I really have learned a lot about silk screening, while laughing my little bum off all at the same time. So now I present you, Roger Jennings, on, well I don't quite know what this particular video is about, but its great.










Hope you enjoyed it, over and out--Zoei

No comments:

Post a Comment