Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Linocuts!

I’m always working on new projects! This week’s project is linoleum block prints! I love print making! Obviously screen printing is one kind of printing that I absolutely love! But I adore all kinds of print making! Especially block printing! For those of you who haven’t ever heard of linocuts before read THIS! It’s a really cool way of printing. It’s super easy too! You can find all the stuff you need at the craft store and you don’t need to buy expensive equipment. I personally love doing little ones. There almost like little stamps. They don’t take very long so you can do these really quick. You can use them for all kinds of things like, cards, stickers, fancy labels or adding embellishments on to anything. Any ways the point to my rambling is…go and make some prints!


Here are some stickers I made! I like using lables and things like that to print on, that way the are already sticky. You can get circle ones or just get big shipping labels and cut them to the shape you want.


Rolling out your ink can be kinda messy. (but fun) So if you have a small linocut you can use a stamp pad. You can even mount your little linocuts onto a piece of wood, like an actual stamp. But that takes time and I'm lazy, so I just get my fingers messy.

Just a little side note: Letters and numbers need to be carved backwards. So when you do your print it reads correctly. (Trust me you will only make that mistake once.)


Speedy carve blocks are also amazing. It will save your fingers from blisters and make it easier. Although it won't last as long. If your at the store and have to chose between Speedball and Moo Carve, get the Moo Carve. It lasts way longer then Speedball. (Don't get me wrong I love speedball as much as the next guy.)


Don't forget to look at our ETSY for new things comming and going. Also cure your bordem and click HERE and make your ears love you.   
 -Remi

No comments:

Post a Comment