Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Like to Eat...

If there is one thing that the brightside girls like to do more then screen printing is eating. After eating out almost everyday I think me and Zoei finally realized that we should probably stop eating so much junk food. So I set out on the quest to find something that's easy to cook and somewhat healthy. Then I was reading about Bento boxes and how fun and healthy they can actually be! Plus they are OOOOBER cute, which makes them super fun to make and eat! If you don't know that the hell a bento box is start here-->http://justbento.com/. I love this website and I love her book, its full of super easy recipes. So me and zoei have been cooking our little hearts out and eating soooo much yummy food! I thought that when we started Zoei wouldn't enjoy it as much as me but man I was wrong. She has some mad cooking skills! She hasn't even burnt anything! I wish I could say the same, but I think its safe to say that I'll leave all the actual cooking to Zoei and just help chop the vegetables.




One of our first bento boxes! We made ham and cream cheese rolls, stuffed with veggies. Also chicken stir fry, chopped cucumbers, blanched broccoli ( I didn't even know what blanched was before now) and rice! Not the prettiest bento but for being one of our first it tasted pretty darn good! Pretty soon we will be making rice balls that look like panda faces. (Ok, maybe not too soon but we're working on it.)


I'll be posting more pictures of our bento adventures, hopefully I'll get some recipes posted also. Untill then, we love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment