Monday, September 2, 2013

Music Monday: Guilty Pleasure Songs

Music Monday!! Yes- Like I previously stated in my last post, I really want to start doing music monday posts again. After talking music with my cousin Matt AKA The Circus Dweller, I realized I had abandoned our blog, and had left it all up to Remi. Well I am back and ready to blog.. Mostly about the tunes I have been listening to and getting into for the past little while.

Remi gave me the idea to blog about my "Guilty Pleasure" songs. Pretty much songs that you love, and get really into, but you don't play them in your car when others are with you, mostly because if they knew you know all the lyrics to these songs you would be mortified. So I have compiled a small list of songs that I consider my Guilty Pleasure songs- Songs I dance my pants off to when no one is around.

I feel these songs do need an explanation so here it goes:


1. Martyr- Depeche Mode
Were gonna start off with a song, that is an absolute favorite of mine. Its not that I feel guilty listening to it. Its the amount I listen to it. I work 8 hours a day, during those 8 hours I have time to listen to some tunes while working. I don't so much listen to tunes, as much as tune. This song. End. I just can't get enough..He he (if you get that, you are awesome)

2. The Words Best Friend become redefined- By Chiodos.
So I LOVED this song amongst a lot of screamo songs when I was in High School. I grew out of a lot of it, but for some reason I still love this song.. And when I am driving alone, I turn the stereo up and practice my screaming. Seems crazy I know.. That's why its a guilty pleasure.

3. Apology- By SafetySuit
I have yet to meet someone else who likes this song. I never admit to them, that I don't just like this song. I really do love this song. There isn't really anything about it that would generally be appealing to me. I don't like really poppy sounding songs, I like unique voices- this is far from. And I'm not crazy about that generic band sound. Why I love this song so much- No idea. But it has made this list!

4. Jumper- By Third Eye Blind
Again, this is one of those songs that made it because of the amount of love I have for it. Everyone loves this song. Just not as much as me (will accept any challenge based upon this fact) Its so 90's, what's not to love?! Wait a minute. hahaha... This song is just one of those I always manage to slip into any mix I am making, because then I have an excuse to listen to it over and over.

5. Broken Down- By Kevin Hammond
Sappy love song- Check. Uses voice to "impress" us- Check. Have a generic guitar riff ripped off of Jason Mraz- Check.  Why on earth would I love this song so much? Everything about it screams NOOOOO don't listen to me, I offer nothing. Yet, I bought it on iTunes for $1.06. I know he is trying waaayy too hard. But I love it. Guilty.

6. I Wanna Love You- The Maine (Akon cover)
Alright so the last one to make the list is my biggest Guilty Pleasure song.. I mean right off, its an Akon cover. That right there should be your first sign, then a "punk" band (One of those warped tour bands with attractive guys with long bangs covering it) doing it? Seems horrible right, yeah pretty sure most would say that it is. The song is about strippers. Sorry, falling in love with a stripper. Which is SOO much worse! But I for some reason just love this song and love dancing like a fool (without a pole for the record) to it.

Alright, So these were my Guilty Pleasure songs. Remi will post hers soon as well. Then you can compare, contrast, and tease us. I would love to get any one else's guilty pleasure playlist as well!


"I love the way you shake your ass in those jeans"
Ohhh Dear!
-Gold Canary

No comments:

Post a Comment