Monday, February 18, 2013

Music Monday: We Were Evergreen

Ahoy! Today I'm listening to We Were Evergreen! I'm super excited to share this band with you today! I'm a recent fan of these lovelies. I didn't discover them until flipping through some take-away shows on youtube. After obsessing over there videos for a little bit I had to look up more. I automatically fell in love with the song Penguins and Moonboots. You all know how much of a sucker I am for a good ukulele! These guys know how to take simple idea and make it into something complex that wraps you up in loving arms. Its fun, poppy and slightly electronic. These fellas know how to layer instruments so beautifully. They are quite unique in the way that they are French, but don't sing in French. Which I'm kinda glad, because learning to speak/understand french I've always failed! But I'm sure I'd still have a appreciation for there tunes. Needless to say I'm looking forward to hearing more from these guys!

"Weird dreams, trampolines, girls playing bass guitars. 
I like falling asleep in the back of other people's cars."

Hope you have a happy week!
-Remi

No comments:

Post a Comment