Saturday, August 14, 2010

Look on the bright side of life

Hey hey! Zoei here writing my first Brightside Design blog! I can't begin to tell you how excited I am!! I finally have something to blog about that other people have interest in! Anyways, I honestly didn't know what to write about so Remi suggested I write about something that people have asked me about... so I have decided to write about where our name came from... Soo... My all time favorite band is Rebelution (look em up if you have a min!) anyways me and Remi were driving home listening to our ipod when one of their songs called "Bright Side of Life" came on.. And we both looked at each other and said Bright Side. (Don’t worry my eyes weren't off of the road for that long, but now thinking about it.. never mind) So we obviously had to finish singing with the song, before actually agreeing to it.. We pondered it over with Anney (who wasn’t super crazy about it.. but then also wanted the name "dipping sauce", so her vote was out) We loved the name, the song, the band and the whole deal, it was originally Bright Side Clothing and Junk, but we decided to do a lot more that clothing, so we changed it to design.. We checked with the business license people and Brightside Design wasn’t taken, so we took it!! And that’s pretty much how we got the name Brightside design! Well since we are so influenced by music and musicians, we (or maybe just me) will be featuring an artist of the week, or month or season.. which ever I find time for.. Our music liking changes so often but like I said its a huge influence on us.. so ill keep everyone updated, so I suppose this is where the "and stuff" comes from in our blog name.. anyways, ill post some lyrics taken from the song which our name comes from, as well as a video of the same song, hope you enjoy it just as much as us, having a name really brought our whole company together, and we really felt like we had something, before the name we were just a couple of college students silk screening in our parent's garage when we weren’t studying or working, but now we are BrightSide Design.


No comments:

Post a Comment